You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family in Canada to meet the minimum requirements of

  • the Federal Skilled Worker Program or
  • the Federal Skilled Trades Program

You won’t be accepted in the pool under one of these programs unless you can prove you have this money. The amount of money you need to support your family is set by the size of your family.

You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family to meet the program requirements of the Canadian Experience Class (this includes provincial nominees who are part of the CEC stream).

To calculate the size of your family you must include: yourself, your spouse or partner, your dependent children and your spouse’s dependent children. This includes your spouse or dependent children who are permanent residents or Canadian citizens.

As well, you do not need to show these funds if you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer.

The system may find that you are eligible for more than one program. Find out how to see which programs you are eligible for.

It is always a good idea to keep your funds up-to-date in your profile. You don’t know ahead of time which program you will be invited under.

You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you).

You will need to show proof that you have enough money when you apply to immigrate.


Number of Family Members Funds Required (in Canadian dollars)
1 $12,300
2 $15,312
3 $18,825
4 $22,856
5 $25,923
6 $29,236
7 $32,550
For each additional family member   $3,314












Copyright © Since 1983 Kentrexs International Ltd. All Rights Reserved.